2.20.2007

Construction


Construction Sign
Originally uploaded by PartsnPieces.
Let me pose this question to you,

Why must everyone point out the obvious?

Example #1

At my parents gas station we are remodeling, now this is making a big mess, the store is shrunk down to one corner and we have part of it blocked off by a big tarp. In addition to this tarp there is dust and lot's of noise. So what do most people say when they walk through the door? "Are you guys remodeling?" Now my answer is always polite but I really want to say "No, construction is the new wave in gas station motifs"

Example #2

It's 14 degrees outside...oh lets make it -14degrees. Same guy walks through the door later that day, he skips over the construction bit and goes with "Man it's freezing out there"

I have nothing to say this man....It's Februrary...yes it's cold, put on a damn jacket.

Example #3

Oh forget example #3 you get the point. It's mad just plain mad...you know what your saying is true when it comes out of your mouth, really I will not be offended if you have nothing to talk about with me. If you come into the station and ask me for your cigarettes, hand me the money I give you your change tell you to have a nice day and that's it, no more, no less. I don't need the extra information because I already know it.

One night I actually counted how many people stated the fact that it was cold outside to me, it was astronomical within the first hour and then I stopped counting because it was making me realize that every person who came in had nothing else to talk about, for that moment in their exsitance the most pertinant piece of information in their brain was it's cold out....

I can't wait til summer so I can hear if it's hot outside.

No comments: