2.14.2007

Black Ice, A Ditch, A tow truck and an Alero




Today I put my jeep in a ditch for the first time. The black ice on 23 north was what one could call a bitch. I was heading up to the gas station to get gas for the snowblower. Now I saw two cars in the ditch as I was driving and two tow trucks just as I was about to laugh at there misfortune I started to spin. I spun a grand total of 360 degrees and sat in the ditch. Well my intial reaction was pure terror it was followed by a laugh because the tow truck drivers were now looking at me, waiting for me to ask for help...this plea for help never came. I simply put the mean green machine into 4 wheel drive and I started at it. At first it was pretty stuck but I just kept at it, I inched forward till I was almost back on pavement and floored it, the jeep caught some traction and I pulled right out of the ditch.

I drove away as I recieved a wave and a thumbs up from the tow truck driver and that poor guy with the alero down in the ditch and that was that.

I'm pretty sure the alero guy will buy a jeep before next winter.

1 comment:

Charles D. Leibrand said...

Jeeps rock, I have a 2000 Cherokee and it will go anywhere