11.05.2007

The Happiest Parade I have ever Seen.




I had the pleasure of attending the Palm Springs Pride parade yesterday, it was pretty amazing. Coming from a small town with such a closed mind about things such as being gay it was refreshing to see how accepted it is in some places. The flags were colorful and the people were even more. This was not with "look at us were gay attitude" it was "we are proud and not afraid to show it."

What amazed me more than anything was the amount of high school students marching with the gay and lesbian alliances from there schools, would fenton/lake fenton/ linden/ holly ever think to put gay students in a club and march in a parade...no we want to hide that from everyone. These youth were proud, they were comfortable with their sexuality and it was very empowering to see.

The pictures are great I know, enjoy! More on my flickr site.

No comments: