8.13.2007

Crossroads Summer

So my summer working with at risk youth has come to a completion. I want to say that it was probably the most difficult thing I have ever done yet the most rewarding at the same time.

The youth that are court ordered to be there are just kids, they have made some bad choices but they are just kids....kids that will tell you that they are going to kill you but kids none the less.

The weeks of youth assistance were amazing I had 20 campers the first week and 25 the second and the second week most of the were returning campers from the first week, I am now a true believer in two week camp sessions making all the difference for the kids. The bonds that were made between campers and staff alike in those two weeks were wonderful to watch. I laughed I yelled, I whispered, I listened, and I cried those kids got to me. Most importantly I made a difference, to hear a mom on the end of the second week tell me that her son really looks up to me and that he needs a positive male role model that was huge.

So Camp Adventure = Success

Oh and I'm back to blogging as well!

No comments: