1.09.2008

Just some Randomness

On the side bar of facebook on certain days there is a cheesy advert. for a photo contest. "Win $10,000" it says. This intrigued me a couple months ago so I sumbitted a photo taken at camp a few years back.

Until today I thought nothing of it. I got a letter in the mail saying that the pictures was chosen as a semi finalist in the "kids" contest. I thought pretty sweet. So now I'm up for $1,000 dollars if it wins grand prize this winter.

Maybe camp still is paying me.

On another note, I feel ya MLA this too will be my first summer away from the camp setting and I am already having withdrawls. i have to have keep myself from looking at websites in fear that I will start an application process that I will not finish. I'm thinking about starting a support group for former camp counselors this summer. Every friday we will get together have a fire and drink...whose in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man. i would weekend in michigan if it involved a fire and booze every friday. that sounds fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm SO in! I actually have been doing the application process...kind of. I stopped when I started to contemplate if 29.5 was too old to be working at camps. Then I said, "Shit, Matt did it" and figured I could pull it off a little while longer.

Yes it is...

Raab the Elder